Mining Cardano can be much easier than you thought. There are many cryptocurrencies out there and some can be mined while some are simply unminable. Today we have exposed a method you can use to mine some unminable cryptocurrencies specifically ADA. Read the article below to learn more.
Can Cardano be mined?
Cardano is also a cryptocurrency like Bitcoin, Ethereum, and the likes. But the main difference with this cryptocurrency is that it operates on a proof of stake(POS) while BTC and ETH work on a proof of work(POW). Cryptocurrencies based on the proof of work are mineable and miners get rewarded in that crypto while cryptocurrencies based on the proof of stake are unminable because all holders are automatically miners, you can only get rewarded by holding the coin.
Why you should own some Cardano (ADA)
Now, what are the benefits of you holding some Cardano?. You should know that holding some of this cryptocurrency is very important and here are our reasons below.
- Cardano consumes less energy, unlike the Bitcoin and Ethereum which consumes lots of energy, 130 and 50 terawatt per year respectively. Cardano only consumes 6 gigawatt energy per year.
- Hoskins on is the co-founder of the Ethereum chain and also the founder of Cardano. Now you know why the coin is doing well and why it can possibly do more.
- Cardano blockchain can handle loads of transactions per second. Cardano can handle up to “257 transactions” per second unlike btc that can only handle 5 transactions per second.
- Cardano’s total supply is 45 billion ADA and so you know, about 32 billion is already in circulation. Meaning soon the whole coin will soon be in circulation.
- Cardano has some case use. What’s a coin without a case use? Shitcoin? Cardano is used as a form of exchange across several sectors across the globe.
So if you ain’t holding some Cardano, I suggest you start mining some now! But wait, you said it can’t be mined, right? Yes that’s true
But how do you expect me to mine an unminable coin? Well, let me explain just how to get that done.
How to mine Cardano (ADA)
Initially as mentioned before, you can’t mine Cardano, but then, how do you mine Cardano? It’s simple, there’s a program known as unminable. This program lets you mine coins like Cardano that can’t be mined. Now, how is that achieved?. With unminable, you are not mining Cardano directly but instead, you’re mining Ethereum and then the Ethereum gets converted to Cardano so you mine Eth, get rewarded in Ada. As simple as that. And to use this program requires a pc. You definitely can’t use your mobile phone. Your pc GPU is used to mine the coin and also requires some internet connection.
Steps to use unmineable
Follow the steps below to start mining some Cardano using the unminable program on your pc.
- create a wallet
The first thing you need to do is create a Cardano wallet. Yoroi wallet and Daedalus are highly recommended by Cardano. But we say you use Yoroi wallet due to its lightweight.
Click here to go to the yoroi wallet page and download the wallet to your pc.
- Download the unminable program
Head over to GitHub and get NBMiner downloaded from there.
- Setup your miner
after downloading the program to your pc. Extract the file and after that, head over to the extracted files and right-click on “start_eth.bat“. Then the file will be opened in a text editor, select all the text in it and delete them, then replace with the text below.
nbminer.exe -a ethash -o stratum+tcp:POOL_URL -u COIN: ADDRESS.WORKER pause
Now, replace the “POOL_URL” with “UnMinable’s pool for ADA” and replace “ADDRESS” with your ADA wallet address, copied from the wallet you created earlier. After that replace “WORKER” with your name or anything you wish. Save the file and exit.
- Start the miner
Now all have to do is start the mining process. Go back to the extracted files and open “start_eth.bat“. Your mining should start now.
- Check your mining progress
To check your mining progress, copy your ADA wallet address from the wallet you created earlier and paste it into the unminable search box. You should now be able to monitor your mining from there.
- Monitor your hardware
So your mining process has started, all you have to do now is ensure your pc gpu is not overheating as this could damage your CPU. Check out how to do that below.
- Head to Google and type in MSI afterburner, then download the file
- Unzip the downloaded file.
- Then double click on the exe file and follow the instructions to install.
- Open up the program after installation and click on the “General” tab.
- You can now monitor your device GPU temperature from here.
- All you have to do is make sure the temperature doesn’t exceed 70°c and you’ll be fine.
That’s all to learn about mining Cardano (ADA) using your pc. With this method, you can accumulate up to 2 ADA within 48 hours, so it’s definitely worth the try. Let’s do this.
Subscribe to our telegram channel to unveil more methods of mining free Cryptocurrency. You can also learn other methods to make some money online. Click here to subscribe now!.