If you have been looking for ways to reset a stolen Airpods on your iPhone so it won’t be tracked by the rightful owner if possible, then you are on the right page.
It is no news to anyone that Apple devices come with very tight security which makes any of their gadgets that are stolen to be useless unless the devices are either bypassed or unlocked.
You should note that we do not encourage theft here.
Note: This Article is provided for educational purposes only… We are not responsible gain or lost you might got yourself into. It clearly for educational purposes..
However, if you happen to find yourself in a position where you do not want to return a borrowed or stolen Airpods, then you can follow the steps below to factory reset the Airpods so the owner or the force men won’t be able to track it if possible.
CAN STOLEN AIRPODS BE USED?
Yes, one can make use of a stolen Airpod as long as the stolen Airpod is in the range of connection by simply connecting to the airpod device.
CAN I TRACK MY STOLEN AIRPODS?
No, it is not possible to track stolen AirPods because Airpods do not have their own internet connection — no cellular or Wi-Fi connection.
The feature “Find my Airpods” is there to help you easily locate the AirPods that get misplaced close to you. It could be between a cushion, under the bed, or inside a jacket. The Airpod gives off a loud sound with that feature but the Airpod does not get displayed on a map.
The feature can still be useful if you suspect that the Airpods have been switched off by someone and the person is still close by.
HOW TO RESET STOLEN AIRPODS
Before you connect an Airpod to your iPhone, it’s important you first reset it so you can not be easily tracked. Now, for you to easily reset AirPods to factory reset without making use of your iPhone, follow the steps below.
- The stolen AirPods should be inserted into the charger case and closed.
- Wait for some time, say some seconds, after which you open the lids.
- On your iPhone device, go to Settings then to Bluetooth.
- Click on the “i” in the circle next to your AirPods and tap on “forget the device” to remove the device.
This step is for those that have already paired to the device before coming across this article.
- Now, for you to reset your AirPods and prevent them from being tracked, keep them in the case and leave the lid open
- The next thing you should do is to locate a button on the back of the charger case. You do this by simply holding the button for some time until the light that is located between the AirPods begins to blink white or amber.
- Finally, you can reconnect your reset AirPods to your device and freely make use of them without the fear of being tracked.
That’s all there is to it! You can now reset Stolen Airpods and restrict them from being tracked.
CAN MY STOLEN AIRPODS BE FOUND WITH SERIAL NUMBERS?
The answer to this is NO. A stolen Airpods can not be tracked with their serial number. However, they can be tracked using the device they were connected to, that’s if it hasn’t been reset already.
IF MY AIRPODS ARE STOLEN AND RESET CAN THEY BE TRACKED?
No, it is not possible to track stolen Airpods that the new user has already reset.
HOW DO I RETURN A FOUND AIRPODS?
There are so many things you could do with a misplaced or stolen AirPods and they are:
- Place a signpost where you found them.
- Give them to your local law agency
- Give it out
- Take it for personal use.
WHAT TO DO IF ONE AIRPODS GETS LOST?
If one of your Airpods gets lost or damaged accidentally, you could replace the one that’s damaged for an out-of-warranty fee.
With the guide above on how to reset stolen Airpods, you should be able to do that easily now. If any difficulty is encountered while you are in the process, do well to notify us.