In October 2019, since when Redmi 8 was released, it’s been a while Redmi updated their budget lineup. Xiaomi’s upcoming Redmi 9 series has been totally leaked with key specifications and rumored pricing globally. This time, the budget lineup will consist of Redmi 9, Redmi 9A, and Redmi 9C. The three smartphones will also make their way to India as successors to the Redmi 8 series.
All thanks to a popular leak star on Twitter for providing us with information regarding the specifications of all the three smartphones.
Let’s take a quick look at the leaked specifications and pricing of the smartphones
Specifications and Features of Redmi 9
For the Redmi 9, it features a 6.53-inches FHD+ display which is a big improvement over 720p display on the former generations. It also features a quad camera that consists of 13 Megapixels primarily, an additional 8MP,
5MP, and 2 Megapixels sensors.
- At the front, the selfie shooter comes with a 5 Megapixels sensor.
- Internally, the chipset is powered by the MediaTek Helio G70 with a Mali-G52 as it’s a processor for
- The Redmi 9 comes with a 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage.
- Has a powerful battery of 5000mAh capacity which will be charged through a USB Type-C
Specifications and Features of Redmi 9A
- According to the leaked price, Redmi 9A seems to be the cheapest out of the three. It features a 6.53-inch
IPS LCD panel has a resolution of 720p.
- Moving to the Optical aspect of Redmi 9A, it boasts of a 13-Mega pixel single rear camera and a 5-Mega
the pixel at the front for selfies.
- Internally, Redmi 9A uses a chipset that we’ve never heard of before. The device is powered by the Helio
G25 with Mali-31 as the GPU. Though we don’t know how well the chipset will perform as of now, we have the assurance that it being a G-series MediaTek processor, we can hope for nothing less from it.
- The Redmi 9A comes with a 3G RAM and 32GB internal storage. Apparently, you’ll be able to expand the
storage through MicroSD with up to 512GB capacity.
- It has a battery capacity of 5000mAh which will be charged via a USB Type C port.
- Other features of the Redmi 9A include Fingerprint scanner, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Light and Proximity sensors, and many more awesome features.
- A 3.5mm headphone which can be controlled via the infrared blaster is also available on Redmi 9A.
Specifications and Features of Redmi 9C
The Redmi9 is a new edition on the budget lineup. Redmi9A and 9C are very much similar in certain features. It features the same 6.53-inch IPS LCD panel with a resolution of 720p. According to the leak, Redmi 9C will be
available in two versions, the one with NFC and one without NFC.
- As for the one with NFC, it features a dual-camera setup which consists of a 13 Megapixel primary lens and
2 Megapixels secondary lens.
- The one without NFC features a triple camera setup which consists of a 13 Megapixels primary camera, a 5 Megapixels secondary camera, and an additional 2 Megapixels camera.
- Both NFC and non-NFC variants come with a 5 Megapixels selfie shooter.
- Coming to the internals, Redmi 9C is powered by Helio G25 chipset with Mali-G31 GPU.
- It comes with a 3GB RAM and 64GB internal storage.
- There’s also a 5000mAh battery capacity that would be charged through a USB Type C port.
- Just like Redmi 9A, it also features a Fingerprint scanner, Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Light and Proximity sensors.
- A 3.5mm headphone and an IR blaster are also present on Redmi 9C.
Prices of the Redmi 9 series of Smartphones
- Redmi 9 is priced in the range of €160 – €180 which is equivalent to 70K – 80K in Naira.
- Xiaomi Redmi 9A is priced in the range of €100 – €120 which is equivalent to 44K – 53K in Naira.
- Redmi 9C is priced in the range of €130 – €150 which is equivalent to 57K – 66K in Naira
This is all we have for now about Xiaomi’s Redmi 9 Series of smartphones.
Be up to date with the latest Android smartphone news and reviews on our blog and our social media platform telegram.
Leave a Reply