Here’s how to print the Improved nin slip. Having to wait for your plastic National ID card is likely a setback to most Nigerians these days. Many online platforms now require users to verify their identity with the National ID card but all we have is the huge NIN slip that they obviously won’t approve. The NIMC has recently put in place measures to solve this issue citizens are bantering about. Even though it requires a small charge, I’d say it’s worth it.
How to print Improved NIN slip (INS).
A few months back, the NIMC in collaboration with MWS published an app to help identify citizens more easily and stress-free. Many had thought it would be quite useful to replace the long-awaited plastic id card with this, by printing out the virtual card and using it as a physical id card. NIMC disable the screenshot option on the app to curb this but then conclude to provide an alternative to the waiting issue. Recently NIMC announced the implementation of the improved NIN slip on their official website. This is to replace the big NIN slip and serve as an option for verification around the world. The old NIN slip was not recognized around the globe as a means of verification but the new INS is well-approved.
Getting the INS is no tricky task, all you need to do is follow the Instructions given below and you’ll get your card in no time. But you should be aware that a token fee of ₦400 will be charged to process the if card.
Steps to print your Ins.
- The first thing you need to do is to make sure you have the official NIMC app Installed on your device. You can download it here from Google PlayStore or download it here from the apple store for ios users.
- Log in to the app with your BVN, then locate the “I need a pin” option and click on it.
- Copy your user id and the OTP code is given. They’ll be used to log into the NIMC portal.
- Click here or here to log in to the NIMC portal with the abovementioned details.
- After logging in, click on the menu option at the top left corner of the page.
- Find the “print Improved NIN slip” option and click on it.
- You will be redirected to pay the ₦400 charge, you can choose to pay from the various payments method listed, ussd, card, bank account and more. Choose your preferred method to pay.
- After payment, you will be provided with the download link to the INS. Download and get ready for print.
- Visit a printing center near you to get it printed. Or you can do that yourself if you have a printer.
I believe with this little update things will get much better for Nigerians as this card can now be used as a means for verification on various platforms. Now we don’t have to wait anymore.
That’ll be all on how to print your INS, in case you get stuck let us know via the comments section. We’ll be sure to help you out.
Subscribe to our Telegram channel to get more related updates on tech news. You will also get to see our updates the moment we publish them. Click here to join now.